Friday, August 14, 2009

Super Simple Greek Salad

This is the easiest, yummiest summer salad!

1 red onion

2 green bell peppers

2 roma tomatoes

1 cucumber

1 can of medium pitted black olives

Feta cheese

Greek dressing (I use Girard's)

Chop veggies, and add to bowl. Toss with Greek dressing. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Enjoy!

I make this in fairly big batches, chopping all the veggies and storing in the fridge (undressed, don't worry, it's dark in there, no one else will see the naked veggies!). Then I dish out in smaller servings as needed and toss with dressing and feta.

This recipe can be served alone as a meal in and of itself; as a side dish for steak or chicken; added to a bed of romaine; or added to pasta for an instant pasta salad.

I love the ease, simplicity and versatility of this recipe so I just had to share it!

2 comments:

Cristi said...

Yum! I know what I'm going to pick up at the grocery store this weekend.

Crafty Mom said...

You won't be disappointed, Cristi!