Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Discovering Nature at Grammie's House


Get out of the desert and into the woods!

One of the things I miss since moving from Canada to the desert, is the abundance of forests and shaded hiking trails (not that I was much of a hiker when I lived in Canada, but I digress). The climate, vegitation and wildlife in the area of Canada where my mom lives is completely different than the naturally sandy desert covered in man-made landscape where I live now. The first day we spent at my mom's, Taylor and my 9 yr old niece were in the backyard, catching frogs in the pond, chasing butterflies and throwing bread in the yard in hopes of luring the chipmunks.

The pictures below were taken on a hike we went on on Monday. The trail is in a hiking area less than a mile from my mom's house. Enjoy the pics...we're sure enjoying our trip.

Little feet on the trail...

Picking up stones to skip stones in the stream...

Discovering snails...

Feeling a mossy rock...

I can't wait to show you where we're going on Friday! This was a beautiful hike but is nothing compared to what we'll see on Friday!



2 comments:

pslakerfan said...

Nice pictures........cute kid. I have one just like her.

Crafty Mom said...

;)she gets her cuteness from her mom. XOXO