Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Drawing Pad Portofolio with Crayon holder


Here's another thing to keep Taylor busy on our trip. This project has been on my to-do list ever since I decided I wanted to learn how to sew. To make this project I followed this tutorial. In case you haven't noticed yet, I absolutely LOVE the blog Skip to my Lou. She has really creative projects with clear, easy to follow tutorials. In her original idea, the portfolio holds pencil crayons. I wanted Taylor's portfolio to hold crayons, so I compared this tutorial with her Crayon Roll tutorial and sure enough, the individual slots are the same size so it can hold either pencils or crayons.



I love how it turned out!!!


Edited to add the links because I was too busy multitasking when I wrote this I forgot to add the links!

6 comments:

Patsy said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Jen said...

very cute!!! she'll LOVE it!

Ashley said...

It turned out great!

Lia said...

that's really cute! a different take from a crayon roll :) Will definitely try making one for my misfits

Alyssa said...

WoW! have you seen Skip to my Lou's Crayon roll? It looks cool too

Heather said...

I know this is not a recent tutorial, but I just found it and I am going to make a few! My problem is that I am having trouble finding the drawing pad. Do you know where these little pads can be found? Online, or in store somewhere? Thanks!