Saturday, August 15, 2009

Altered Compostion Book - Where I'll record my crafty ideas!


I was staring at this black and white composition book for weeks, not knowing how I wanted to cover it. I finally decided anything would be better than the boring black & white stripes that were dizzying if I looked at them for longer than 1/2 a second. So, I picked out some patterned paper from Stampin' Up that I've been hoarding forever...I used my Base Camp Cricut cartridge to cut out the letters, and then used mod podge to adhere it all to the cover. Of course I had to finish it off with a ribbon and flowers. :) Flowers...my all-time favorite embelli.

I'm not totally happy with the look of the letters. I think I might re-do it with the yellow-ish colored cardstock. The patterned paper of the letters just isn't pleasing to me...I dunno...what do you think??


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the look of the multi color letters, but think a yellow would produce a great "POP" factor. I love the notebook.

Crafty Mom said...

Thanks...that's what I'm thinking the "pop" factor and contrast.